2010-07-07

7th of July













This was the day we first met. On a Sunday, the 7th of July, in the 70's.

Today is the first time I have a birthday without you around. I wonder if you are also thinking about me today? Pondering on what gift you should shower me with just to make me happy?

Last year on this day, was the first time you didn't call me to say Happy Birthday. I was upset with you even though I knew you were preoccupied with something else. On the hindsight, perhaps you already knew that you'd be gone by my birthday this year? Perhaps you want me to learn to be on my own without you?


Last year on this day, if I knew that there were only less than 1.5 months of precious time left until you depart, I will spend every minute of everyday by your side, talk incessantly with you, ask every detail of your story, create as much memory as I possibly could, hold on tight to your hands just like we always do when we go out. Only if I had known, on the 7th of July, 2009.

Thank you Daddy for all the love you gave me since you saw me on that beautiful Sunday morning in the nostalgic 1970s. This day will always serves as the reminder of the very first time we met.
and I miss you very very much today...

No comments:

Post a Comment